Before diving into this blog post, I want to extend love and support to all my clients, readers, followers, friends, family and everyone else out there, as we have all been greatly affected by Covid-19. It’s a scary time of uncertainty, fear of loss both personal and financial, feelings of seclusion and being overwhelmed.
I have been in business for almost 18 years. In that time, I have met many amazing people. I have an entire network of business owners that are helping me keep my head from basically exploding. If you need anything, from a great therapist to talk to, someone who can give you financial or tax advice, a trusted lawyer, someone in the health industry that can help your immune levels stay high, a doula because you are pregnant and terrified and needs a calming voice; whatever you need, I’ve got someone amazing who would love to help you. Get in touch, I would love to share their information with you, and help you through this time.
Now, onto the blog:
Spring is finally upon us. After a long Canadian winter, it’s usually a welcome time for us all. This year, so many of us are “stuck” at home. So, what better time to start your spring checklist?
One of the questions our team is often asked, is what’s important to remember at home this time of year. Here’s a checklist we have created for you, to make sure you keep your home in tip-top shape this year. Cut it out and keep it up on a corkboard, fridge or in a safe spot, so you can refer to it every year.
- Change batteries in all your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Purchase paper compost bags for yard cleanup
- Change your furnace filter
- Check caulking around your kitchen counters and tubs or showers. Have fixed if needed.
- Clean kitchen exhaust hood and filter
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Check fire extinguishers, this should be done at least once a month
- Clean gutters, check for leaks & make sure they’re attached securely
- Clean & seal deck if needed
- Check foundation for cracks & leaks
- Check exterior paint & touch up as needed
- Check siding, masonry & fences for damage & schedule repairs
- Remove install window screens if they have been removed
- Inspect caulking around windows; if cracking re-caulk
- Check roof for damage & schedule re-roofing if needed
- Check attic for leaks, mould, moisture intrusion, fire hazards & critters
- Schedule annual dryer exhaust cleaning & check up
- Check water heater for leaks—schedule inspection if older than 5 years
- Schedule a maintenance and/or energy efficiency inspection
- Check air ducts, remove covers and vacuum dust from vents
- Check and clean the heat recovery ventilator (HRV); wash or replace the filter
- Check driveways and walkways for frost damage or loose masonry
- Turn on exterior water supply
- Plant indoor seeds for flowers, fruits and veggies, to move outside in warmer months
Feel free to give us a shout if you require a trusted trade for any of your spring maintenance.
Who to call?
We have the following trades, licensed and insured, as well as others, that can help with indoor and outdoor needs:
- heat and cooling contractors
- garden cleanup
- general handyman
- construction/renovation trades
Phew! Have a terrific day, and chin up, this too shall pass.
We have been doing daily screenings with all of our workers and trades, and, are doing our best to keep up with demand as people are home and need help. If you need work done at home now, we are more than happy to send help along. Just send an email or give us a shout and we’ll see how best to get what you need done, in the safest way possible. We can be reached anytime at:
Have a terrific day, and remember, this too shall pass. Stay tuned for more to keep you busy! Next: well I’m not sure, but stay tuned…